- 4/10/2014 - Federal Public Defender, The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit - Portland, Oregon, DEADLINE: June 12, 2014.
The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit invites applications from all qualified persons for the position of Federal Public Defender (FPD) for the District of Oregon. This position will be available on October 1, 2014. Click here for the job announcement and click here for the application.
- 4/10/2014 - Deputy Director, Defense Services - Gila River Indian Community, Arizona, DEADLINE: May 5, 2014.
The Gila River Indian Community seeks a Deputy Director for their Defense Services Office in Sacaton, Arizona. Main functions would consist of providing direct supervision and mentorship for Defense Attorney I and Defens Attorney II position. Stand in for Director in case of absence for some administrative functions. Serve as a knowledge of resource to office because of advanced knowlege/experience. Handle feloney level cases and serious misdemeanor cases while training other attorneys how to handle these Tribal Law and Order Act (TLOA) enhanced sentencing cases as well....more
- 4/01/2014 - Executive Director, Federal Defenders of Western North Carolina - Charlotte, North Carolina, DEADLINE: April 30, 2014.
Federal Defenders of Western Carolina, Inc. ("FDWNC"), a community defender organization, is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director in the Charlotte Headquarters Office. FDWNC is a nonprofit corporation, funded by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts. The organization is not an agency of the federal government; staff members are not federal employees. FDWNC provides legal representation and criminal defense services to individuals charged with federal crimes who are financially unable to retain counsel....more
- 3/28/2014 - Federal Public Defender, United States Courts for the Ninth Circuit - Los Angeles, California, DEADLINE: May 1, 2014.
The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit invites applications from all qualified persons for the position of Federal Public Defender (FPD) for the Central District of California. This position will be available on or after September 14, 2014....more
- 3/18/2014 - Fellowship Trial Attorney, Federal Defenders of Eastern Washington and Idaho - Spokane, Washington, DEADLINE: April 18, 2014.
Federal Defenders of Eastern, Washington and Idaho is now accepting applications for a Fellowship Trial Attorney position in Spokane, Washington. This is for a one (1) year term with possible renewal based upon continued availability of funding. The attorney will be based in Spokane, Washington with primary practice before the U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Washington in Spokane, WA, U.S. District Court of Northern Idaho in Coeur d'Alene, ID, and United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit....more
- 3/27/2014 - Legal Analyst, Office of the Circuit Executive, United States Courts for the Ninth Circuit - San Francisco, California, DEADLINE: April 18, 2014.
The Office of the Circuit Executive provides policy development, administrative and staff support to: (1) the Ninth Circuit Judicial Council (pursuant to 28 U.S.C. Section 332), a governing board of federal judges with jurisdiction over the federal courts in the nine western states, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands; (2) the Chief Circuit Judge; (3) the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; and (4) the federal courts within the Ninth Circuit. The Ninth Circuit, headquartered in San Francisco, is the largest federal circuit in the United States....more
- 3/10/2014 - Assistant Federal Public Defender, Office of the Federal Public Defender, Western District of Texas - Del Rio, Texas, DEADLINE: Open Until Filled.
The Federal Public Defender, Western District of Texas, is accepting applications for the position of assistant federal public defender to be stationed in the Del Rio branch office. The Federal Public Defender operates under authority of the Criminal Justice Act, 18 U.S.C. S.C. Section 3006A, to provide defense services in federal criminal cases and related matters by appointment from the court to individuals unable to afford counsel....more
- 8/15/2013 - Student Volunteers (Division-wide) - DOJ, DEADLINE: Changes for each semester.
The Division offers competitive student volunteer internship positions in Washington, D.C. each academic semester, including the summer, for both law and undergraduate students. These positions are volunteer (without compensation) but may be used for work-study credit. The Division also participates - subject to budget restrictions - in the Pathways Program, which provides paid internship opportunities for students. Information about eligibility and the application process for volunteer and paid student internship opportunities can be found here.