NACDLConnect is a rich and versatile member-to-member communications platform, providing an intuitive interface and myriad options for sharing information. NACDLConnect includes a General and a White Collar discussion group, and serves as the vehicle for the Daily Criminal Justice Briefing.
You will need to log into the NACDL website as a member in order to use NACDLConnect. Accordingly, we have recently upgraded the member login process to make it:
- Unified – If you're logged into NACDLConnect, the website or the membership directory, you’re logged into all three
- Secure – Your password is fully encrypted, and you can change it any time by clicking the "Reset Password" link in any login screen
- Persistent – Once you login, you should stay logged in for up to 60 days, unless you log out manually.
We anticipate that most NACDL members will choose to interact with the enriched functionality and graphics through the community website. For each discussion group a member joins, they can choose from four delivery options:
- Real Time – Receive a formatted email message in your mailbox each time a member of that community posts a message. Click links in the message to respond to the group, respond to the author only, see the author's other posts, post a new message, and more
- Daily Digest – For each subscription, receive one message per day containing a list of discussions posted during the previous 24 hours. Messages will contain similar links to Real Time postings
- Legacy – For listserve participants who prefer to continue posting and responding to member discussion communities by sending and receiving plain-text emails, rather than interacting through the NACDLConnect website. Note: You will be using a different email address for posting than on the NACDL listserves.
- No Emails – Switch to this mode when you're on vacation or if for some other reason you want to stop receiving messages. You will remain subscribed to the group, and can access it any time from the website.
Members can also choose which email address to use for each subscription.
Each message a member receives from NACDLConnect includes a photograph of the sender (if the sender has uploaded one), and a menu of options: to print or forward the message, to reply to the entire discussion list, to reply to the sender alone, to post a new message, to see all messages in that thread, or from that author. Most members will find it easiest to interact with NACDLConnect through the website, and clicking most of these menu options in a message takes you to the website.
With NACDLConnect, members can read what they want to learn, and respond where they have expertise to share.
NACDLConnect provides opportunities to interact with other members, share knowledge and strategize together for the benefit of clients and the criminal defense profession.
A quick look at why NACDL switched from a listserve portal to NACDLConnect, and why it was important to do it this year.
Below are a couple of quick videos (2 minutes each) that demonstrate how to login, join a group, upload a photo, and and a quick overview of the features of an incoming message. More information is available on the NACDLConnect home screen, under "Getting Started."
Login for the first time
In this tutorial, we will login to NACDLConnect for the first time and examine the features of the main page.
How to subscribe to a community
In this tutorial, we will see how to subscribe to a community
How to post a message
In this tutorial, we will see how to post a message to the community
Post notification email
In this tutorial, we examine the features of the post notification email.
Add a photo to your NACDLConnect profile
In this tutorial, we will upload a photo to an NACDLConnect profile.
A look at the post notification email