The Video Editing & Multimedia Production Assistant is responsible for recording and editing Live CLE presentations, producing webinars, and creating multimedia infographic content in support of NACDL’s educational mission to provide training and educational products to improve the competency of the criminal defense bar and equip them to better serve all accused persons at the highest level.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities will center around recording live CLE training events throughout the country, with post-production editing of videos using Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Audition software, including inserting Powerpoint slides into video presentations, basic sound mixing and color grading.
- Preserving and organizing all raw media files into an organized file structure that is easy to navigate.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments efficiently and turn around edits in a timely manner.
- Monitor all technological aspects of the organization’s Audio/Video software, hardware and other equipment and work with the Manager of Multimedia Production to ensure all equipment is kept up-to-date.
- Managing camera and sound equipment for live remote and in-house web training, including operating the Tricaster Mini with minimal supervision, as well as set-up and break-down of all in-house media equipment.
- Occasionally travel to shoot live CLE events and while managing Audio/Video including sound design, camera operation, lighting, and ability to troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Occasionally develop commercials and introductory promotional infographic videos.
- Assist the Manager of Multimedia Production with any ad hoc video projects.
- Maintain the organizations online media platforms including its Youtube and Ustream channels.
Education, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Audition, and Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Experience using social media in support of an organization to include YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Experience in project planning and management
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, specific ability to be professional with volunteer presenters
NACDL is the preeminent organization advancing the mission of the criminal defense bar to ensure justice and due process for persons accused of crime or wrongdoing. A professional bar association founded in 1958, NACDL's many thousands of direct members in 28 countries – and 90 state, provincial and local affiliate organizations totaling up to 40,000 attorneys – include private criminal defense lawyers, public defenders, military defense counsel, law professors and judges committed to preserving fairness and promoting a rational and humane criminal justice system. For more information about our organization, please visit www.nacdl.org.
NACDL is pleased to provide staff with a generous compensation and benefits package. NACDL affords the successful candidate an opportunity to work with a dedicated and talented team of experts. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
Send cover letter, resume, sample portfolio, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Video Production Assistant” in the subject line. This is an entry-level position; applicants must include a realistic statement of their salary expectation to be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.
NACDL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cross-Examination Trial Pack
NACDL’s new Cross-Examination Trial Pack includes three of our best-selling Cross-Examination resources: “Damage Control: Situational Cross-Examination Techniques Trial Guide”, "Ultimate Cross 2.0: Audio Recordings & Written Materials" and "Sample Cross-Examination Questions."
This masterful collection of cross-examination resources provide countless tips, techniques and strategies for a variety of criminal case-specific scenarios. Learn to cross-examine a variety of trial witnesses!
Death Investigation: Forensic Pathology in the Courtroom and Cause & Manner of Death (2022)
This unique program provides criminal defense lawyers with an accurate and clear overview of forensic pathology and the countless factors to consider in a death investigation and will methodically explain what happens during an autopsy to determine cause and manner of death.
You'll uncover the different types of medicolegal death investigations, what to request from your MDI expert, quality benchmarks for accreditation and certification, guidelines and standards, common terminology and frequently asked questions.
The Psychology of Persuasion & Storytelling for Criminal Defense Lawyers
This Trial Resource Guide is a masterful collection of practical tips, techniques and strategies focused solely on using the arts and sciences of persuasion to improve your storytelling skills at trial.
You'll learn how to master the ability to communicate with juries, deliver powerful openings and closings, perform convincing cross-examinations, use effective courtroom choreography and non-verbal communication, identify and develop the optimal theme and theory for your case, and offer compelling arguments during mitigation and sentencing.
Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victims Cases (2022)
Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s 13th Annual Defending Sex Cases training program is our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!