Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s 11th Annual Defending Sex Cases training seminar may be our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!
Don’t miss this exciting educational opportunity. Participate in this highly-rated one-of-a-kind NACDL web series to get a better understanding of defending sex crimes cases in order to effectively represent your clients before, during, and after trial.
FORMAT: Online Web Training
DATE: Access any time
DURATION: Approx. 14 hours
CLE: This program is currently eligible for credit in the following states: Alabama (14.5), Arizona (14.5), Arkansas (14.5), California (14.5), Colorado (18), Delaware (14.5), Florida (17.5), Georgia (14.5), Illinois (14.5), Indiana (14.6), Iowa (14.5), Kansas (17.5), Louisiana (14.5), Maine (14.5), Minnesota (14.25), Montana (5), Nebraska (14.73), Nevada (14.5), New Jersey (17.5), New Mexico (4), New York (17.5), North Carolina (pending), Ohio (14.5), Oklahoma (17.50), Oregon (14.50), South Carolina (14.5), Tennessee (14.65), Texas (14.50), Virginia (pending), Washington (14.50)
WATCH: a 15-minute preview before purchasing: https://youtu.be/UnVmDK3xkhY
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Webinar link will be sent to you in a confirmation email. REGISTRANTS WILL HAVE 21 days to complete the entire program.
Speakers & Topics:
- Lessons from the Harvey Weinstein Trial – Donna Rotunno (Chicago, IL)
- 4th Amendment Issues in Sex Cases – Deja Vishny (Milwaukee, WI)
- Creative Motions in Sexual Assault Cases – Stephen Ross Johnson (Knoxville, TN)
- Getting to Consent: The Secret to a Winning Opening on a Consent Defense Case – Guy Cardamone (Madison, WI)
- Defending Child Sex Abuse Cases – Molly Parmer (Atlanta, GA)
- Sex Trafficking – Dawn Jones (Milwaukee, WI)
- "Defendant Dad": Dealing with the Unique and Collateral Issues that Arise When Your Client is a Parent Accused by Their Own Child” – Marissa Goldberg (Atlanta, GA)
- Forensic Analysis of SANE Evidence – Karen L. Lawless (Portland, OR) & Laura Schile (Sun City, AZ)
- Adolescent Influencers: Figuring-Out Teens – W. Rob Heroy (Charlotte, NC)
- Ethical Online Investigation in the Age of Social Networking & Technology – William Gallagher (Cincinnati, OH)
- Inside the World of Child Pornography Prosecution, Defense, and Forensics – David Seltzer (Miami, FL)
- DNA Transfer Evidence in 2020 – Bicka Barlow (San Francisco, CA)
- Thinking Outside the Box: Sentencing Issues in Sexual Assault Cases – Joshua Hargrove (Madison, WI)
- Bicka Barlow (San Francisco, CA)
- Guy Cardamone (Madison, WI)
- William Gallagher (Cincinnati, OH)
- Marissa Goldberg (Atlanta, GA)
- Joshua Hargrove (Madison, WI)
- W. Rob Heroy (Charlotte, NC)
- Stephen Ross Johnson (Knoxville, TN)
- Dawn Jones (Milwaukee, WI)
- Karen L. Lawless (Portland, OR)
- Molly Parmer (Atlanta, GA)
- Donna Rotunno (Chicago, IL)
- Laura Schile (Sun City, AZ)
- David Seltzer (Miami, FL)
- Deja Vishny (Milwaukee, WI)
This training may be eligible for self-study CLE credit, where authorized. The program is currently pending in all states that allow self-study credits.
Members of NACDL enjoy exclusive registration rates for our seminars along with all the benefits from joining.
|Non Members (includes 1 year membership)||$199|
|ALL Public Defenders||$129|
|Groups of 4 or more PDs (must register at the same time; 1 payment; no changes or cancellations allowed). To register groups, please call Denise Blake at 202-465-7631||$119|
Code of Conduct
NACDL endeavors to foster a working, learning, and social environment free of harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and insult. To that end, NACDL has adopted a Code of Conduct for Affiliated Persons that applies to all attendees and participants of any kind at all NACDL sponsored events.Learn More