NACDL has always been and continues to be committed to serving as a partner with our state affiliates, state advocacy groups and partner organizations to promote criminal justice reform at the state level. NACDL is here to work with you to ensure that an active, engaged, and effective grassroots advocacy network is at your disposal. Contact Monica L. Reid, NACDL's Senior Director of Advocacy for:
- State Legislative Tracking - NACDL tracks over 30 criminal justice related issues at the state level, in all 50 states and Washington, DC. The full report that includes all issue areas is available and shared monthly via the State Criminal Justice Network newsletter.
- Grassroots Advocacy Training - Give your members the knowledge and tools to become vocal and effective advocates for criminal justice issues. Visit NACDL's Advocacy Resource Library for a host of information on how to engage with your elected officials.
- Issue Advocacy Strategy - Have NACDL assist and provide input in your legislative battle plan. NACDL's involvement can be as visible or invisible as your organization desires.
- Legislative Outreach Planning and Execution - Conducting events with both legislators and members in attendance is a great way to encourage effective relationships and to educate legislators on pertinent issues.
- Advocacy Day Prep, Planning, and Execution - An annual lobby day is a great way to bring attention to important issues, get your membership involved in the legislative process, and to educate legislators on pertinent issues.
- Legislative Action Alerts for State Issues - Does your state have pending legislation that requires your membership to take action? Take advantage of NACDL's online advocacy tools! As an affiliate or partner organization, you have the opportunity to utilize NACDL's advocacy platform to disseminate legislative action alerts to prompt our network of advocates to contact their elected officials.
- Expert Witness Fund - This fund is available to affiliate and partner organizations who seek to bring in a witness to testify before a legislative committee or hearing. An application is required and can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review and feedback on pending state legislation.
- A Letter of support or opposition from NACDL.
- Coalition Sign-on Letters - Assistance organizing a coalition sign-on letter of other state and national criminal justice organizations.
- And More! - Please feel free to contact NACDL for any kind of advocacy question or need! Assistance can generally be in the form that will best serve your needs.
For any kind of advocacy assistance please contact Monica L. Reid, NACDL's Senior Director of Advocacy. NACDL is committed to providing affiliate organizations the advocacy support needed to ensure justice for all persons accused of a crime.
This is a sponsored ad
Manage Your Law Firm All in One Place
A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence: A Trial Practice Handbook for Criminal Defense Attorneys
This Guide to Federal Evidence is the only federal evidence handbook written exclusively for criminal defense lawyers. The Guide analyzes each Federal Rule of Evidence and outlines the main evidentiary issues that confront criminal defense lawyers. It also summarizes countless defense favorable cases and provides tips on how to avoid common evidentiary pitfalls. The Guide contains multiple user-friendly flowcharts aimed at helping the criminal defense lawyer tackle evidence problems. A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence is an indispensable tool in preparing a case for trial.
Modern Digital Evidence & Technologies in Criminal Cases
Modern cases need modern defenses, and modern lawyers can't practice with an outdated playbook. This program is a contemporary training that identifies emerging technologies and digital evidence encountered in today's criminal cases and arms you with the tools necessary to combat expert witnesses, prosecutorial overreach, and an uneducated judge and jury. This comprehensive CLE program covers both general aspects of new technologies as well as practical courtroom application and legal challenges to the use of these new technologies.
Top Shelf DUI Defenses: The Law, The Science, The Techniques (2021)
If you are serious about being an effective DUI defense advocate, or if you’re considering adding DUI defenses to your portfolio, you need to know the latest scientific and legal strategies to optimize your success at trial. Learn from the best-of-the-best in the field in this unique CLE Program, updated for 2021.
Defending Modern Drug Cases (2021)
From challenging the arrest and seizure to picking a jury and cross-examining police officers, defense attorneys handling drug cases must be able to construct a defense that will increase the chances of the client getting a positive result for your client.
Effective motion practice, juror selection, and storytelling have never been more important. This seminar will introduce defense counsel to techniques that have been used at recent drug trials to rebut specific claims and overcome the emotion created in today’s criminal legal system.