- The Reintegration Agenda During Pandemic: Criminal Record Reforms in 2020, Collateral Consequences Resource Center, Jan. 2021.
- Barriers to Rapidly Growing Professions State Fact Sheets, National Employment Law Project, Dec. 2020.
- Who Must Pay to Regain the Vote? A 50-State Survey, Collateral Consequences Resource Center, Nov. 2020.
- The Many Roads to Reintegration, Collateral Consequences Resource Center, September 2020.
- Locked Out 2020: Estimates of People Denied Voting Rights Due to a Felony Conviction, The Sentencing Project, Oct. 2020.
- From Surviving to Thriving: Supporting Transformation, Reentry and Connections to Employment for Young Adults, CLASP, February 2020.
- Pathways to Reintegration: Criminal Record Reforms in 2019, Collateral Consequences Resource Center, February 2020.
- Laying the Groundwork: How States Can Improve Access to Continued Education for People in the Criminal Justice System, Council of State Governments Justice Center, February 2020.
- Felony Disenfranchisement: A Primer, The Sentencing Project, June 2019.
- Felony Disenfranchisement in the Commonwealth of Kentucky: An Update, League of Women Voters of Kentucky, February 2020.
- A Never-Ending Sentence: The Impact of Criminal Conviction in Project Based Section 8 Housing Tenant Selection Plans in Cuyahoga County, Reentry Policy & Advocacy Committee, January 2020.
- Report by the Restoration of Voting Rights Work Group to the President of the Florida Senate and the Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, Department of State, November 2019.
- Collateral Consequences: The Crossroads of Punishment, Redemption, and the Effects on Communities, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, June 2019.
- Unlocking Potential: Pathways from Prison to Postsecondary Education, Vera Institute of Justice, May 2019.
- No More Double Punishments: Lifting the Ban on SNAP and TANF for People with Prior Felony Drug Convictions, CLASP, March 2019.
- Expanding the Vote: Two Decades of Felony Disenfranchisement Reforms, The Sentencing Project, October 2018.
- Forgiving and Forgetting in American Justice: A 50-State Guide to Expungement and Restoration of Rights, Collateral Consequences Resource Center, April 2018.
- Felony Disenfranchisement in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, League of Women Voters of Kentucky, February 2017.
- One Strike and You’re Out: How We Can Eliminate Barriers to Economic Security and Mobility for People with Criminal Records, Center for American Progress, December 2014.
- Felony Disenfranchisement Factsheet, The Sentencing Project, 2014.
- A Lifetime of Punishment: The Impact of the Felony Drug Ban on Welfare Benefits, The Sentencing Project, 2013.
- Wanted: Accurate FBI Background Checks for Employment, The National Employment Law Project, July 2013.
- Democracy Imprisoned: A Review of the Prevalence and Impact of Felony Disenfranchisement Laws in the United States, The Sentencing Project, September 2013.
- Osler, Mark William, Clemency for the 21st Century; A Systemic Reform of the Federal Clemency Process, April 2013.
- Status of Ex-Offender Reentry Efforts in Cities, The United States Conference of Mayors, 2009.
- More Than a Job: Final Results from the Evaluation of the Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) Transitional Jobs Program, Center for Employment Opportunities, January 2012.
- Shattering the Shackles of Collateral Consequences: Exploring Moral Principles and Economic Innovations to Restore Rights and Opportunity, 2019.
- Collateral Damage: America's Failure to Forgive or Forget in the War on Crime, 2014.
- The Juvenile Justice Center, Florida New Juvenile Defender Attorney Manual.
- The Juvenile Justice Center, The Florida Juvenile Collateral Consequences Checklist: A Guide for Understanding the Consequences of Juvenile Court Involvement.
- The Florida Bar Standing Committee on the Legal Needs of Children, Florida Guidelines of Practice: For Attorneys who Represent Children in Delinquency Proceedings, January 21, 2010.
- Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, Best Practice Standards: The Proper Use of Criminal Records in Hiring, May 21, 2013.
- Collateral Consequences of Criminal Conviction: Law, Policy and Practice by Margaret Colgate Love, Jenny Roberts & Wayne Logan, 2018-2019 ed.
- Handbook on the Consequences of Sentencing and Punishment Decisions by Beth M. Huebner and Natasha A. Frost, 2018.
- Moral and Economic Obligation to Restoring Rights and Opportunity, June 2019.
- Forgetting: Alleviating Collateral Consequences Through the Legislative & Referendum Process, June 2019.
- Forgiving: The Campaign Against the Scarlet Letter, June 2019.
- I Am My Brother's Keeper: Guiding Principles of Re-Entry, June 2019.
- This Side of the Law: Reentered, Reformed & Reinvented, June 2019.
- The Criminal Docket Episode 25: NACDL's Restoration of Rights Database, October 2012.
A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence: A Trial Practice Handbook for Criminal Defense Attorneys
This Guide to Federal Evidence is the only federal evidence handbook written exclusively for criminal defense lawyers. The Guide analyzes each Federal Rule of Evidence and outlines the main evidentiary issues that confront criminal defense lawyers. It also summarizes countless defense favorable cases and provides tips on how to avoid common evidentiary pitfalls. The Guide contains multiple user-friendly flowcharts aimed at helping the criminal defense lawyer tackle evidence problems. A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence is an indispensable tool in preparing a case for trial.
Modern Digital Evidence & Technologies in Criminal Cases
Modern cases need modern defenses, and modern lawyers can't practice with an outdated playbook. This program is a contemporary training that identifies emerging technologies and digital evidence encountered in today's criminal cases and arms you with the tools necessary to combat expert witnesses, prosecutorial overreach, and an uneducated judge and jury. This comprehensive CLE program covers both general aspects of new technologies as well as practical courtroom application and legal challenges to the use of these new technologies.
Top Shelf DUI Defenses: The Law, The Science, The Techniques (2021)
If you are serious about being an effective DUI defense advocate, or if you’re considering adding DUI defenses to your portfolio, you need to know the latest scientific and legal strategies to optimize your success at trial. Learn from the best-of-the-best in the field in this unique CLE Program, updated for 2021.
Defending Modern Drug Cases (2021)
From challenging the arrest and seizure to picking a jury and cross-examining police officers, defense attorneys handling drug cases must be able to construct a defense that will increase the chances of the client getting a positive result for your client.
Effective motion practice, juror selection, and storytelling have never been more important. This seminar will introduce defense counsel to techniques that have been used at recent drug trials to rebut specific claims and overcome the emotion created in today’s criminal legal system.